Tia M. Kroeger graduated from Capital University Law School and has been serving clients since 1994. She is admitted to practice in all Ohio state courts and in the federal United States District Court.
Tia M. Kroeger concentrates her law practice primarily on Family Law matters. She handles termination of marriage cases, whether it is Divorce, Dissolution or Legal Separation cases. She also handles post-decree matters that arise after the Decree is issued. This may involve contempt actions, motions to modify child support or motions to change the Decree with regard to custody issues and visitation issues. She also handles cases wherein the parties were never married, but have property and children together and prepares prenuptial and cohabitation agreements as well as shared parenting plans for both married and unmarried parties.
Tia M. Kroeger also focuses on probate matters such as Estate Administration for parties who do not have a Will and prepares Wills for people who want to plan for their children and other family members. She also handles durable and limited Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and Powers of Attorney for Health Care as well as financial documents.
Tia M. Kroeger has provided lectures and continuing legal education (CLE) seminars for other attorneys in Family Law matters and has recently written chapters on Contempt and on Ethics for the National Business Institute (NBI) which was published in August of 2017. She has also been a guest speaker on the topic of substance abuse in the legal profession and has worked with the Director of the Ohio Lawyers Assistance Program (OLAP) on intervention and preventative measures since 1995. She has been a speaker at the Franklin County Women’s Pre-Release Center and has lectured for the Academy of Court Reporting on Juvenile Law issues and procedures.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- * Divorce, Dissolution, and Legal Separation
- * Shared Parenting Plans
- * Child Support and Spousal Support
- * Allocation of Parental Rights and Visitation
- * Legal Custody and Pet Custody
- * Civil Protection Orders (CPO) and Temporary Protection Orders (TPO)
- * Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- * Cohabitation Agreements
- * Never married cases
- * Property Division
- * Post-Decree Motions
- * Contempt
- * Estate Administration and Wills
- * Durable and Limited Powers of Attorney
- * Powers of Attorney for Health Care
- * Living Wills
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Ohio, 1994
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, 1995
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio | Juris Doctor – 1993; Dean’s List.
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts | Bachelor of Arts – 1983; Major English; Minor Computer Science; Dean’s List.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Akron Bar Association, Family Law Section, member 2000 – present.
- Columbus Bar Association, member 1994 – present.
- Ohio State Bar Association, member 2000 – present.
- Recognized in The Heritage Registry of Who’s Who for Executives and Professionals – 2014.
- Guardian Ad Litem – Court Appointed for Summit County Juvenile Court, 2000 – 2009.
- Guardian Ad Litem – Court Appointed for Franklin County Juvenile Court, 1994 – 2000.
- Volunteer for the Ohio Lawyers Assistance Program (OLAP), 1992 – present.
- Board Member of the Villages at Fairlawn Homeowner’s Association and instrumental in revising and obtaining signatures for new By-Laws.
- Past President of the Board of Managers of Dublin Green Condominiums, Columbus, OH.
- Past President of the International Law Society at Capital University Law School – Award.
- Winner of German Declamation Contest – fluency in German.
- Young Citizenship Award by Akron General Medical Center.